Sunday, April 10, 2016

Origins A Perfect World. Age-Defense Treatment Lotion

s1375823-main-hero
Background: I used to be apprehensive about the second step of the traditional skin care regimen.  Due to the fact, I have used awful toners before sold by amazing sales associates on commission. For example the  Clinique's second step toner was such a big disappointment - it made me breakout bad.  I was told it's alcohol free and it still irritated my skin.
Then I'd go back on the hunt for a toner just to be disappointed again. I could even remember a time about me complaining to the Sales Representative from Dior about the Cliniques toner (I didn't have a blog at the time and I just needed someone to vent to), He responded telling me that Clinique sucks (of course he's going to say that) and that their toner could be used as nail polish remover because of the acetone in it. (I had to google it to see if that were true and to my dismay he was right!). That being said, they have reformulated their toner and have removed the acetone.


As a result of wasting my money with previous toners,  I've learned to do my own research before purchasing anything. Not only has that saved me money but my face is no longer some science experiment where the end result is an awful surprise. 
Review: This stuff smells...amazing. When I first started using it, my mom asked me what perfume I was wearing. It just smells so good and refreshing, a little citrusy, light and clean. There is absolutely no synthetic fragrance in it either!  YAY
It removes any left over make up, it has great moisture providing abilities as well. Overall it really helps my skin retain moisture. After applying this with a cotton pad, you should use a moisturizer right after. I've noticed how my pores have gotten smaller overtime using this product. 
I use it day and night, and this happens to be my third bottle of it and I just ordered another today because I'm running low. I just love it and don't see myself getting any other toner for now. One bottle lasts me around 3-4 months which isn't bad.
I would really recommend this for people with dry/sensitive skin. 
What it is formulated WITHOUT:   
dancing cute photo: dancin raddish bunny rabbit Radish.gif
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan 
Ingredients analysis: I found that sodium benzoate is a controversial ingredient. Many websites state that it is bad for you, At the same time there are some Health Chemists who state it is harmless in low dosages. It's FDA approved in low dosages.  SOME health researchers are saying it's linked to cancer. They claim that this ingredient mutates into your DNA.  Which is scary. Phenoxyethanol is another controversial ingredient, it's supposed to act as an anti-bacterial ingredient they use this instead of parabans now.  Apparently this is used as a food preservative. Cosmetic lines only use 1% or .5% of it so it shouldn't be a huge concern.

Ratings: 5/5 
Price: 29$ at Sephora
Ingredients: water\aqua\eau; butylene glycol; citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil*, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil*, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil*, cinnamomum camphora (camphor) bark oil*, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil*, magnolia acuminata flower extract, iris pallida (orris) root extract, rosa damascena (rose) extract, citral, linalool, limonene; camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract; glycerin; thermus thermophillus ferment; trehalose; sorbitol; sodium hyaluronate; caprylyl glycol; polysorbate 20; magnesium ascorbyl phosphate; hexylene glycol; tocopheryl acetate; citric acid; sodium citrate; sodium benzoate; phenoxyethanol Please be aware that ingredient lists may change or vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product package you receive for the most up to date list of ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment