Sunday, April 3, 2016

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Primer

3614270141584_Touche-Eclat-Primer_01
Today's review will be on this YSL primer.  First and foremost I'll start off with a little background on my skin.  I have dry, dehydrated looking skin most of the time. Which sucks and sometimes even makes the best make up out there look unpleasant. So I know besides a great morning and night skin regimen - I need a really good primer for my skin 
I've tried many high-end primers. This one is literally in my top 5.  I asked for a sample before purchasing it from Sephora and recommend everyone to start off with a sample when they're trying something new; because who likes going back to return items. After 3 uses of the sample I  had to order the full size online.
This is a silicone based primer. Silicone is the key ingredient that locks moisture in and doesn't dry out and look flaky after a few hours of sitting on your skin. It is also a component that levels out our skin texture and makes it appear smoother.  I find that any brand of makeup that I put over this primer looks flawless. It gives you the radiance you would probably want on your wedding day.
Any makeup I put over it makes my skin look flawless. I do recommend using YSL's foundation with their primer because you will get this "I'm not wearing any makeup, I was born with this flawless skin" look with a subtle dewy finish.
Silicone is an ingredient in a lot of primers, and it is suitable for most people with sensitive skin because it will not irritate the skin or cause acne.  It is safe for your skin because the components that make up the molecules are too big to penetrate into your skin and cause break outs. It will just sit on the surface of your skin locking in the moisture. Since it locks in moisture, you should  cleanse your skin very well, use your toner followed with your moisturizer prior to applying your primer. Because if you don't you will have your primer sealing in any of the bad stuff that may be sitting on the surface of your skin and overtime cause a breakout.
There are tiny specks of gold dust in it but the sparkles are undetectable when the product is on the face. It's a great marketing strategy; making this primer really stand out compared to the others. I like that they put nourishing oils in it such as the corn, apricot kernel, passiflora, and rice ban oil which leaves your skin feeling really soft and smooth.
The only thing that I hate about this product is that they put fragrance in it. It has a faint, flowery, fragrance, I don't mind the smell but my face doesn't need a fragrance on it. I haven't broken out using this but it is alarming seeing that they put perfume as their third ingredient. I've read so many articles that state how bad fragrance is for your skin. On the surface it may appear harmless  but fragrance is known to be an irritant which can cause not only allergic reactions but also collagen to breakdown over time, it could effect how your skin heals to everyday environmental damages and unfortunately age you quicker. Yikes!
 
To conclude, This primer helps my foundation last around 8 hours on my skin. There isn't a dreaded oily shine that shows up hours later with this primer either. Despite the fragrance, the good outweighs the bad. I don't see it becoming an everyday type of primer either and what balances it all out is that I have an amazing morning and night skin regimen. (I like it so much I'm already trying to justify the fragrance) >.<
4/5 ratings. ( -1 because of the fragrance)
I would refer this to a bride/any special event where there will be a lot of pictures
$55. 00   at Sephora

 

No comments:

Post a Comment