Monday, April 4, 2016

YSL TOUCHE ECLAT LE TEINT Radiance Awakening Foundation



I think we all have been in search for the type of foundation where you can't tell that you're wearing any.  
Review: The Touche eclat le tent Radiance awakening foundation has a  flawless finish. It's stunning! I have olive toned skin, which is quite dry. I purchased a BD50 (Warm Honey) for YSL's foundation it's a tad bit darker than my actual skin tone. (I think next time I'll try the BD40). I find that some foundations never "sit" right - they magnify any imperfections. I always want my foundation to look natural, like great skin, not "great foundation" . The description below that Sephora provided about this foundation is context that I completely agree with. For it really does give you a healthy glow.
" [The YSL] Foundation is enriched with stimulating ruscus extract, an anti-fatigue formula that energizes skin by stimulating micro-circulation and targeting dullness to instantly improve the look your skin’s brightness and luminosity, while the vitamin E protects against free radicals. It leaves a weightless finish while offering eight hours of a refreshed, radiant look." Sephora Website

ysl-le-teint-touche-eclat-foundation-swatches
If you're going to be using this foundation I do recommend using their primer along with it - these two products combined can definitely become your Holy grail.  I find that the coverage is buildable, and less sheer than the last version. It only took a tiny bit to cover my face, using the beauty blender.  The consistency of the foundation is very runny, and "watery" to describe it and it feels very light once it sets on the skin. You won't feel like you're wearing anything on your face using this.
DSC00785
Ingredients Review: Another thing that I always look into are the ingredients, to see if it's a safe to use for everyday type of foundation. I have sensitive skin and I don't want to age quickly, so looking into the ingredients is very important. The first ingredient that I noticed was that there is Polyethylene Glycol (PEG). When this is put in low molecular weight, it's in the low risk category for causing any harm to your skin. I searched on google to see if the PEG's used in this foundation were safe and it said they were, they were in fact in the low risk category. Meaning it may effect those with extremely sensitive skin but it hasn't irrupted my skin. 
A lot of companies use PEG as an ingredient in their foundations just so the ingredients in the foundation will mix properly. It is supposed to help soften and lubricate the skin and also help deliver the ingredients deeper into your skin. On the downside PEG is known to reduce the skin's natural moisture. But it appears that majority of cosmetics out there will have this ingredient in it. 
Another ingredient that I found in this foundation was fragrance. If you have read my primer review, you would know how much I dislike having fragrances in my products and the potential side effects of fragrance. If it weren't for the fragrance this would be my number 1 foundation. Due to the fragrance and PEG, every time you remove this foundation off your skin, make sure you have an amazing moisturizing routine afterwards to replenish your skin. 
I've gotten several compliments about how wonderful my skin looks. In response I told my commenters that I'm wearing YSL's foundation. 
 
It just looks very healthy on the skin. It looks amazing in pictures. I've noticed in pictures I have an almost satin/radiant glow - not dewy like the NARS sheer glow. 
Ratings: 3.5/5  Why? -1 because of the fragrance! , -1.5  because I worry about breaking out using this.  
Would I buy it again? - I'm hoping I'll find another foundation similar to this one but without the fragrance. So we'll see. 
Price: 58$ Sephora
*More pictures coming to this post by Tuesday!

 
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6.8%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, ethylhexyy, Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Isododecane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate,Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipropylene Glycol, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Bht, Tocopherol, Sodium Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride. (F.I.L. B179701/1)

4 comments:

  1. Can you post a picture of yourself wearing it ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I will have some more up soon, I've just been really busy lately.

      Delete
  2. I like this. Very natural looking. And of course a beautiful face helps :) I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! Make sure to try a sample first to see how it works with your skin. You could get one from Sephora :)

      Delete